Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fun Finds

     I found some fantabulous molds on Amazon and Etsy this past month, and I couldn't wait to put them to use. Although I haven't finished the flower soap, the Christmas soap looks great and smells even better. The spearmint and peppermint essential oil blend are reminiscent of Christmastime. That being said, these soaps will be ready early to mid-November, which is perfect timing for a Christmas stocking stuffer or Secret Santa gift. 
     
     In addition, I have been obsessed with trying to find a pretty plum soap colorant for some time, and I think I may have found just the one. The Conservatorie had tons of micas that should not morph or fade in soap, so I had to order several. I especially like the pale green, although it looks different than the picture, I can definitely find a project or two for this shade. Since purples often tend to turn gray in soap, I am praying that this one will work!

My Christmas mold arrived from Amazon, just in time to make some soap for the holidays!

These 3D flowers are going to be super cool.

My new mica stash.

Winter Mint, in the mold.

Cut and now curing!

These smell yummy!



4 comments:

  1. I love seeing your soaps. They're so pretty!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your Winter Mint soap is sooo cute! Have fun with your new molds and micas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words! I love being able to create things that others appreciate for their beauty and function. It is so fulfilling- I know you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete