Saturday, December 29, 2012

Adventures in Soaping!

Yesterday I ran out of palm oil, which put the brakes on any soap-making for the remainder of the year, since the new tub is not scheduled to be delivered until January 2nd. Instead of creating new soaps like I would have like to have done, I browsed the web to look at all of the lovely suds that my fellow soap-makers from around the globe have posted. One of my favorite soapers is Celine Blacow, of Soaperstar. She hails from Ireland, and her designs are to die for. You can take a gander at her designs on her website: http://www.iamhandmade.com/.
As I perused her site, I realized that all of her recipes are palm-free. I have been one of those people who has always utilized palm in my soaps, so it was hesitant to try it myself. However, today I am going to take a stab at making a good bar of soap that is palm-free. Amanda at Lovin Soap (www.lovinsoap.com) has lots of palm-free recipes that I will start with...keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I just love Celine´s soaps and her soaping videos are so funny. Can´t wait to see your new palm free soaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Celine's soap and videos too! Good luck with your palm-free soap April!

    ReplyDelete