I know that it may be difficult to see, but the white portion of the soap had tunnels in it, and the white portion of the soap was oozing oils. The scent was okay, not fabulous. At first I could not smell the vanilla at all, but when I finally decided to toss it today, I could smell a hint of vanilla in the soap. I'm not sure that I will soap with the vanilla again anytime soon. That's something that I may tackle after some time away from the project.
Nonetheless, I decided to work with essential oils again today- lime and peppermint. I have used peppermint often in the past- it sticks great in soap, but I have never used lime before. The lime is top quality, and is sourced from the East Indies. I anchored it with orange essential oil and rhassoul clay, so here's to hoping!